Thursday, February 19, 2009

Traumatic mornings call for soup bowls and candy!

So...this morning was eventful, to say the least. When I went to uncover the windshield with the wiper, it refused to move. Grrr. I came inside to wake Matt up at 6:30 am on his day off. Sorry punkin face! We tried messing with the wiper, but the other wiper fell off right afterwards. Tragic, right? I decided to just take the other car and Matt kept warning me that I needed to be careful, because it's hard to drive it in the winter. By now I'm a tinge freaked out and late for work already, so Matt valiantly offered to drive me to work and pick me up. Hooray! On our way up one of the hills on the way to work the Cougar slowed WAY down and pretty much stopped. Pushing on the gas did nothing and reversing left us out of control sliding down the hill right into the oncoming traffic, which was stopped thank heavens! At one point the words "Get out of the car!" were muttered and then revoked, much to my delight. We just kind of braced ourselves for the oncoming crash. Luckily, the car veered over to the shoulder and stopped. Phew! That was a close one, but we were fine! After Matt helped some other people push their cars back onto the road and a nice lady called her employer, Medina County Transit, to come salt and shovel us out we got back in the car and waited. It took about half an hour to get out with the help of a very kind Transit man! We should bake him cookies for his kindness! We got home and were a bit shaken up, so I called off work and we went back to bed. Later today when roads de-iced and cars were back to normal we went out to treat ourselves for being safe and sound and having a most terrible morning. We had delicious soup in sourdough bread bowls and bought Halloween-like amounts of candy! How was your morning?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, I'm glad you're OK. I'm going to have to eat lots of candy in sympathy!

Crockett's Blue Pencil said...

You guys are awesome!

Megs said...

Wow, that is traumatic!! I think you definitely deserved your soup bowls and candy!!

Jordan said...

Don't ya just love winter?! Glad you both were safe :D