Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Tell Sir Thomas Moore We've Got Another Failed Attempt"

Jackson was so exhilarating...so intoxicating...so magical. Now we're back in Rexburg...magicless and completely unexhilarated. Oh well, thus is the feeling of coming away from such an experience. Our weekend was AMAZING!!! On Saturday we got to Jackson around lunchtime. Matt thought he got directions to the Sweetwater Restaurant, but he did not. It was fine with us though. We got to drive all around Jackson and see tons of incredible houses. After a bit, we figured out where we needed to be and went to lunch. Matt had a wild boar hoagie (he loved it!) and I had a greek lamb wrap (raddest wrap ever!). Then we went to the National Museum of Wildlife Art. It was pretty fun. Not exactly our style, but a good experience. The building was amazing! I wish I was an architect, among a zillion other things. Our favorite part of the museum was the "library"! Not really a library, seeing as how there were no books in the room, but one wall had these huge windows overlooking the elk refuge. It was breathtaking! We looked at the elk through the telescope and sat at the window-seat for awhile. Good times! Oh...my least favorite part of the museum...all the huge bronze animals everywhere. They were creeping me out! Then we took a bunch of pictures at a bird watching stop on our way back into downtown Jackson, where we went to a few stores and looked around. After that we went to Rendez-Vous Bistro, which was closed!!! I think because it wasn't Jackson's high season. We checked into our hotel and tried to find a place to eat. The hotel was the funnest! We were slopeside...nothing obstructing our view of the mountains! We were seriously right next to them! YAY! Everything about the room was incredible. We were starving by this time, so we headed down the hill a few hundred feet to go to the Mangy Moose, which was also closed! What are the odds? Anyways...on our way into Teton Village we passed a couple of restaurants and decided to try Roadhouse Barbeque. Matt's baby back ribs and mac and cheese got a seal of approval and I adored my green coconut chicken curry. I've been craving it ever since. Oh yeah...we did it up fancy style with banana, chocolate, caramel custard for dessert (it was our anniversary trip, ya know). Then we went back to the hotel and got into the rooftop hot tub. UNREAL! That's all I can say. Ok, there's more...it was like 40 degrees outside, but the hot tub was nice and warm...it was the best feeling. Every few minutes there would be these frigid breezes...it was perfect! One of those rare "alive" feeling moments...I couldn't have imagined what it would be like! Oh the dreaminess! Anyways...we just read some books and watched TV the rest of the night. Adventurous homebodies, I guess you could say. The next morning we celebrated our actual anniversary by going to The Bunnery for breakfast! Seriously...our vacations are all about food...food, art and incredible views. The breakfast croissants were wonderful, as well as the hashbrowns and raspberry turnover. After breakfast we went to Hoback Junction and took more pictures of the Snake River. We pulled off the highway and hiked around the river a little to take pictures. We made an adorable little friend, I think his name was Lucas from what his brother said. We talked to him for a bit and halfway down the path his mom came running after him. We hadn't noticed, but he had been following us back to our car. How cute is that? Matt and I can't wait to have kids! They're SO cute and tiny and fun! YAY! Well...that was our super fun anniversary weekend. What do you think?

P.S. If anyone from our Idaho family wants to go with us, we're planning on going to Yellowstone on a Saturday in July and we're trying to take a fly fishing lesson or go out on the river in a boat to fish sometime this summer also. Feel free to join us!

0 comments: