It was one of those wonderful spring, pouring-down-rain days in May of 2005, when I met Matt. We had been in the same ward for a semester or two, but hadn't really talked to each other before that night.
**Now I tell this story for a few reasons. First, I love hearing about how people met and fell in love and thought maybe our friends and family would want to read our story. P.S. PLEASE feel free to share your stories. I'm dying to read them all! Second, our 3 year anniversary will be here in no time and I wanted to write everything out and save it. So...why not share...sharing is caring!**
Where was I...oh yes, that night was FHE. We met at FHE...oh the cliche. Well, I think the moment you meet your future spouse is pretty significant. The cosmos retract into an ocean of black and come hurdling towards you at tremendous speed in a flash of bright, warm light. Creation occurs. In that moment, you create a life together. In that moment, you are finally able to grasp the concept of eternity. The world is forever changed for you and those around you. So, yes...I think that the moment you meet your future spouse is pretty significant. It seems a bit surreal now. Matt walked into the apartment sporting the infamous "molester-stache", which was thankfully gone in no time at all in an attempt to impress me. Obviously, it worked. His roommate Dylan sat down with him on a couch in the corner of the room. I went over to meet them and asked them what their hopes and dreams were. What the what??? Seriously, I can be super random sometimes. I still hang my head in shame when I think about that question. Anyways, Matt laughed and said he didn't know. I gave them examples and kept prodding them to answer, but I don't think I got much out of them. I decided I needed to change the subject, so I did. I don't know where the conversation went after that, but I remember asking Matt if he could roast my marshmallow for me. He said yes, because he was always and will always be the nicest boy I know! We ate s'mores and talked for awhile. Then my roommates started telling all of these horribly embarrassing stories about all of us. At the time I thought it was hilarious. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. Right after everyone left I remember thinking...oh no, what did we just do? Those stories were awful! None of those guys will EVER talk to us again. Thank goodness I was wrong!
When Matt and I talk about that day we both say that something happened. It may not have been completely visible to anyone, even ourselves, but we felt something deep down. It's hard to explain, I suppose. Something just changes inside of you and you're never like you were before that moment. But that's okay, because after that moment you are complete without ever knowing you were incomplete before. Sounds crazy, right? That's love for you!
There you have it folks. The day we met. Don't worry, it gets better. Stay tuned.
7 months ago
1 comments:
What a fun story! I love hearing how people met- thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment