Friday, July 15, 2011

The Avett Brothers in Sun Valley

We went to Sun Valley a couple of days ago to see an Avett Brothers show. The show was amazing! They put on such an energetic performance. Everyone was up and dancing. It was a blast!


Before the show started (6th row. Yay!)


During their "I and Love and You" performance


Another shot of their "I and Love and You" performance

Amazing concert-dom aside, the Sun Valley Pavilion is unreal! Check it out here. And the bathrooms, don't even get me started on the bathrooms! (I understand this is strange.) I was floored and on my way out I stopped to chat with a couple of gals about just how nice the bathrooms were (I wasn't the only one impressed).

I do have quite the embarrassing story to accompany this magical night. So, sometimes my body doesn't do well with certain foods. Mainly, dairy and red meat. So I stay away from both, for the most part. I can usually eat pizza though, which is what we had right before the concert. As we were waiting in line to get seats for the show I started feeling queasy. Long story short, I swiftly walked in front of everyone else in line to a trash can at the beginning of the line and threw up my dinner. Not pretty. It took a minute or two to get myself in order, so I had a moment to reflect. I immediately thought, "Oh great, Donna! You just threw up in front of everyone in line at a concert. You're going to look like a drunken fool. This is impossibly embarrassing." I was mortified for a minute, but I felt so much better that I practically skipped back to Matt and announce that I was fine now. I guess Sun Valley got two shows for the price of one. Ugh.

0 comments: