Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hooray for ART!!!


A couple of weeks ago Matt and I went to University Circle in Cleveland to see an anthropology exhibit called Race at the Natural History museum. When we got there the nice man at the doors told us that the museum was closed for a private party, which he had never heard of happening in his seven years of working there. We went inside and they gave us tickets to go back on any other day to see the exhibit. Who doesn't like freebies?! We had already paid for two hours of parking, so we decided to walk over to the Cleveland Museum of Art! I LOVE that place! Anyways...it's under construction, so we were able to see the permanent collection free! We were able to see paintings by Botticelli, Caravaggio, Rubens and SO many more! We were in heaven! Unfortunately the Monet wasn't out, but hopefully we can see that again at some point. We both loved the Caravaggio paintings...so dark and mysterious. My favorite was the Botticelli! It was a Holy Family scene and it almost had my in tears...call me crazy...I won't argue. I went back twice to see it.

Side note...I'm watching Coldplay's second and last performances on SNL right now and they are rocking my socks off...LOVE THEM!

So...this past Wednesday we went back to the Natural History museum to see the exhibit. We weren't that impressed with the exhibit. It was a lot of watching short documentaries on screens all over the room...nothing too fancy, but informative enough. We did love seeing the dinosaurs, but decided we're more motivated by artistic endeavors than scientific ones. We rushed through the museum and once again had time to kill, so here are some pictures of our trip to Wade Park in front of the Art museum. Enjoy!



Front of the Cleveland Museum of Art


Another shot of the front of the Art museum


A shot of Wade Park


Another shot of the park


The fountain in the Art garden part of the park

A "Thinker" statue in front of the Art museum

Yours trulies at Wade Park

5 comments:

the binghams. said...

yay! I love staying in touch through blogs. I'm glad you found ours :) I love the senior pictures of your sister too.

Jordan said...

I love the art museum too- I could stay there for hours!!! Sounds like it was fun, and I like your picture of Wade Park- so pretty!

Diane said...

We are really excited about our grape!! lol..
We are doing good here in Rexburg. We will be moving at the end of the year, since Shawn graduates. I think we will be moving to SLC, but of course it depends if Shawn gets any job offers. But for now...those are our plans. It's getting colder here in Rexburg. How's everything with you guys? Were you able to finds some jobs?

Lex and Chris said...

I love your pictures of the Cleveland Art Museum. You are very talented! I love the Cleveland Art Museum. Wow I miss Ohio!

S Semon said...

Donna,

How the heck are you? My wife writes an e-mail asking if I know you and of course I said yes. Where are you now adays? I would so much love to go back to Ohio just to get away from the city for a little while. I have always loved the country and the leaves changing colors around this time of year, but in Phoenix it is still in the low 80's. I am finishing up my master's degree in Occupational Therapy before moving back up north where there is four seasons again instead of just hot. I have one more year to go and then we will probably move to Twin Falls, Idaho/ Logan, UT/ or somewhere in Colorado. Wherever the Lord wants me to go, I follow. I saw that Lindsey has grown up, wow I am starting to feel really old when I see her now. Donna if you would like to give me a call and just chat some time my number is 623-251-1999. Until then take care of yourself and give the family my love. ~Rob